Course: Song Writing
For course scheduling, please contact us at +1-312-810-1001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All courses marked accessible, will accommodate our visually impaired learners.
Session 1- Song Theory:
- Song Structure
- Rhyme Scheme
- Basic Chord Theory
Session 2 - Writing Process Begins:
- Finding creative inspiration
- Developing creative workflow and environment
- Executing the songwriting process
Session 3 - Demoing Process:
- Understanding the purpose of a basic song demo, (work tape)
- Demoing inside of a DAW vs other recording methods
- Executing song demo
Session 4 - Conceptualizing final product:
- Understanding ultimate goal of one’s written work, Ie, pitching, or self publishing asanartist
- Sourcing a studio or individual to create final product.(for this course, instructor will be creating final products for those who are unable todo so).
Session 5 - Final Product Creation begins:
- Instructor will demonstrate one way to incorporate work tape into the recording Session used for creating the final product
- Learners who are able to record final product will being doing so•Instructor will begin recording final products for learners unable todoso giving live demonstration of the creation process
- A discussion on how to find studios and individuals to record songs online
- Finding the right demo singer for pitching purposes.For those unable to sing, demo singer willbe provided
- A discussion on how to find demo singers online
Session 6 - Finalizing Song:
- For learners recording final product, mixing and mastering begins.For learners having products recorded, instructor will demonstrate basic mixing and mastering process.
- A discussion on how to mind mixing and mastering engineers online
Session 7 - Pitching or Self-publishing:
- A discussion on how to use final product to pitch to publisher
- A discussion on how to self-publish a song on digital platforms such as iTunes