Course: Audio Mixing In Protools
For course scheduling, please contact us at +1-312-810-1001 or email us at email@example.com.
All courses marked accessible, will accommodate our visually impaired learners.
Session 1 - PREPARING TO MIX:
- Creating an efficient track order
- Creating track groups
- Patching bus effects
- Creating the Master Chain
- Track clean-ups
- Tuning Vocals
Session 2 - CREATING THE STATIC MIX:
- Setting basic level and pan for individual tracks
Basic tweaking of Master Chain
Assigning tracks to Subgroups
Applying basic filters.
Session 3 - BASIC EQ:
- Difference between 'Top‐down' and 'Bottom‐up' Mixing and the benefits of each
Carving out & enhancing frequencies of tracks.
Session 4 - COMPRESSION:
- Smoothing track levels
Creating punch & excitement
Making vocals audible.
Session 5 - SPATIAL EFFECTS:
- Insert versus Bus Effects
Proper use of Reverbs
Session 6 - CREATIVE TRACK EFFECTS:
- Proper use of Auto‐tune
Distortion and other track enhancing effects.
Session 7 - AUTOMATING THE MIX:
- Use of Clip Gain
Automating Track Levels & Pan
Automating Spatial Effects and Filters to create excitement.
Session 8 - FINALIZING THE MIX:
- Final checks & tweaks to individual tracks
Final treatment of Master Chain
Best practice to prepare mix for mastering.
Session 9 - WRAP-UP:
- Efficient Voice‐Over 'work‐arounds' to accomplish sight intensive tasks
Being confident in Producer/Engineer/Client Relations
Proper communication between Producer/Engineer & Mastering Engineer.